GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

My Caprice has a vibration

hotwheelsboy28
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

My Caprice has a vibration Empty My Caprice has a vibration

Post  hotwheelsboy28 Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:45 am

It started a couple weeks ago and is getting worse, I can't stand a vibration while i'm driving. So Thursday I had a new tire put on the front left ,it was a little smoother on that side but no fix, Friday had the front right swapped and had the rears rebalanced, made it worse on the right front, I've noticed the car vears to the right if I let go of the wheel on the freeway,even before the new tires were put on, so maybe an alignment will help, but if not guess it may be a warped wheel, 've got some spares. If this doesn't fix it guess i'll buy a new set of 8" Rally's, a set of disc brake caps and two more 235/60/15's for the rear so I can rotate them and put the old tires back on my Lesabre. Has anyone noticed tire prices are headed to the sky? $346.00 for two 15" tires mounted and balanced. I gave only 100 bucks more for a full set a few years ago.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

My Caprice has a vibration Empty Re: My Caprice has a vibration

Post  GM B-Body Forum Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:58 am

Oh i know tire prices are skyrocketing. I bought a new set of bf goodrich radial ta's in a 235/70/15 size for $609 in late 2012. Im sure theyve gone up since then. As far as your vibration concern, it could be a few things. Loose weak tie rod ends, ball joints, or your rotors may be warped so bad that theyre causing vibration even when your not braking, it could be bad wheel bearings, or it could be something more common like the tires. Usually rims dont warp, and if they do you normally wont be able to feel it. Let us know if you find out anything or fix the problem.
    hotwheelsboy28
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  hotwheelsboy28 Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:05 am

I don't drive it much on the interstate anymore, but I had the rotors turned and put new wheel bearings on the front a long time ago. I had new tires put on also it still had a shimmy, that was a while ago also. The last long ride I took in it didn't seam to vibrate as bad.
    Danver
    Danver
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Post  Danver Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:19 pm

The vibration and pulling to the right could be a brake caliper hanging up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm