GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Front Control Arm Brace Brackets

GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Front Control Arm Brace Brackets Empty Front Control Arm Brace Brackets

Post  GM B-Body Forum Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Yet another fairly easy cheap upgrade you can do to the pre '91 b bodies (because '91 and later already have them). Its the control arm brace. The pre '91 cars came with simple brackets that are ok, but not the best. Sorry for some of the pics, its the best i could do. Pictured first is what the pre '91's came with:
    Front Control Arm Brace Brackets Old_br10

Now the later design ties everything together, it has three bolting locations versus the original two bolt locations. again sorry for the pics, its the best i could find:
    Front Control Arm Brace Brackets My_chr10

They are discontinued from GM but their part numbers are 14008434 for the right side and 14008433 for the left side, and heres a close up of what they look like:
    Front Control Arm Brace Brackets Brace10
    Front Control Arm Brace Brackets Brace_11
    Front Control Arm Brace Brackets Frame_10

Now for those of you with long tube (full length) headers. You wont be able to put the driver side brace on, unless you have custom made headers, your standard headers for our cars wont allow it, however the passenger side fits. I had taken mine off (the original designed ones) when i had the dual exhaust done, and i was at the junkyard today, and i grabbed a set from a 92 caprice, i thought why not. Its a cheap simple small upgrade. You may not feel any difference in the way it drives, but psychologically you will lol.

Last edited by GM B-Body Forum on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Front Control Arm Brace Brackets Empty Re: Front Control Arm Brace Brackets

Post  solo79 Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:01 am

That's pretty cool. Something to think about there. Even shorty headers won't clear? I noticed my passenger side brace was unbolted on one side. This is typical when someone changes a starter and is too lazy to bolt it back.lol

That one picture has to be a lowrider with all that chrome and paint. All that work and it has a dirty oil pan and transmission pan.lol
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:09 am

sorry, should have clarified that, long tube headers. Im sure mid length and shorties would clear it. Oh its def a low rider! lol, i believe its a 93 caddy fleetwood

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am