GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

79 Impala Sedan

ikebeast79
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

79 Impala Sedan Empty 79 Impala Sedan

Post  ikebeast79 Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Just found this forum today... couldn't believe it existed! I've had a 79 Impala since I was in high school. It was the last new car my grandpa had bought. 2 cousins and my older brother had it before me after he died. I don't know where to begin with it. I kept it running well and on the road until 2008 when it failed state inspection here in PA (rust in the floor pan under the driver). It's been driven a few times in the years since but rust is eating it away. I've always wanted this thing to cruise again. It has a 305, TH350 and they're all original with approx 250k on it. Still runs smoothly but would definitely need some life. But the body work is what's offputting to me... Anyway, really glad to have come across this forum!
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

79 Impala Sedan Empty Re: 79 Impala Sedan

Post  GM B-Body Forum Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks for joining! Just created this forum in January, hoping it will take off. Im sad to hear about all the rust, a cars worst enemy. You know I love those 305's, had an 84 caprice with a 305, super reliable, had over 180,000 miles when I sold it. Post some pics of the car if you have any.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 am