GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

1979 caprice 2 door interior plastic panels needed.

mylilcaddy
    mylilcaddy
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

1979 caprice 2 door interior plastic panels needed. Empty 1979 caprice 2 door interior plastic panels needed.

Post  mylilcaddy Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:35 pm

I hope to find both sides of the rear interior plastic panels that start wide from the floor sill plate and thin out (about 3/4" or more wide) and run up about to side window height. They're right up front at the back seat entrance when the door is opened and get alot of wear and dry rot (most of my top halves are gone). Everyone must know what part I mean!? Trying to figure a way to mold my own, if some big Co. hasn't already I hope. Anything out there? Mentioning sill plates, anyone know of any "Body By Fisher" 1979 2-door sill plates new (HA) or used?
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

1979 caprice 2 door interior plastic panels needed. Empty Re: 1979 caprice 2 door interior plastic panels needed.

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:40 pm

LOL, you're looking for one of the hardest pieces of interior trim to find in good condition.  Almost all the ones I come across are chalky and crumbly.
    I thought I found a pair a few days ago but someone else swooped in and snatched them up on me.
    I don't know of anywhere to get the sill plates, but you can get the Body by Fisher stickers from Classic Industries and ebay.

Gorgeous car, btw!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 pm