GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

complete floor pan needed for 4 door

coolnyjay
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

complete floor pan needed for 4 door Empty complete floor pan needed for 4 door

Post  coolnyjay Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:22 am

Hello, I have owned 6 b-bodies in the past and came across one that needs a complete floor pan. Any ideas? Thanks.
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

complete floor pan needed for 4 door Empty Re: complete floor pan needed for 4 door

Post  solo79 Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:36 am

Welcome to the Forum! The bad news is, to date no company offers replacement pans for 77-96 b-body. The good news is, it doesn't matter if your car is 2 or 4 door, the pans are virtually the same from 77-96 for 2 and 4 door cars. I recently cut a full pan out of a 90s Buick Roadmaster to replace my 79 2-door pan with. It's a TON of work, but it's your only option right now. The following link is a good read about this:

https://www.gmbbodyforum.com/t112-floor-pans?highlight=floor+pan

You can see pictures of the pan cut out here:

page 8 toward the bottom:
    https://www.gmbbodyforum.com/t69p105-79-chevy-caprice-2-door-then-and-now

Hope this helps!
    coolnyjay
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

complete floor pan needed for 4 door Empty Re: complete floor pan needed for 4 door

Post  coolnyjay Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:16 am

Thanks solo79. My first Caprice was also a 2 door firethorn without landau like yours. Wish I still had it. I bought it back 4 years after I sold it and the city said we couldn't keep it on the property without tags. It was parked in the back of my inlaws multi family apartment building and couldn't even be seen from the street. I was busy with life and let my father in law junk it. This was like 15 years ago. I'm so pissed over that decision. I may pick up this 77' 4 door that looks mean but the pan is rusted on both sides, all 4 doors shells are rusted out as well as around some body mounts. The bright work is pretty nice though and the exterior body rust is hidden under an older paint job so will make a nice driveway ornament if I can score it cheap enough. This Friday I pulled my wifes 77' camaro out from a garage with a collapsed roof at that same property. The car is rusted out from 20 years of storage under a leaky roof but the 305 main crank still turns by hand via the fan without any resistance on the first try so I was going to buy this caprice which has no motor and put the 305 in it. I don't think the floor pan is trustworthy to ride on though. Thanks for doing all the homework for the replacement!
    MC CUSTOMS
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  MC CUSTOMS Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Ive got one on my parts car but missing a section on drivers front. Rest is there and clean tho. Located south burbs of chicago
    coolnyjay
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  coolnyjay Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:26 am

Thanks. I gave up on the car because it had bad rot everywhere you wouldn't want it to be, needed a motor and trans and interior work.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm