GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

+3
Myloth
Sweet Seventy9
Marx3
7 posters

other B-body webpages like this?

Marx3
    Marx3
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

other B-body webpages like this? Empty other B-body webpages like this?

Post  Marx3 Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:31 am

I was really happy when I first found this page, but have learned that things tend to be a little slow in here. The response rate is pretty low at times ( that's a shame I think, and I check the pages everyday as my own contribute to live the page up ) )
    Are there other Caprice/Impala forum pages like this one, maybe even pages that focus on 9C1 cars?
    I found one some time eago, but I cant find it again...
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

other B-body webpages like this? Empty Re: other B-body webpages like this?

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:43 am

Marx3 wrote:things tend to be a little slow in here.

Yeah I agree! I've been trying to get a pair of tail lights from a guy here and it's taking FOREVER! Laughing
    Marx3
    Marx3
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Marx3 Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:55 am

shush! some people, right ;-)
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:31 am

We have a good core group of people here. Although sometimes responses might be slow, they're usually very accurate.

Some things to keep in mind are the time zone differences (you're 5 or 6 hours ahead of me here in New York), members have families and other responsibilities, and at least with me, I'm in communication with 10-12 people a day every day, all while trying to track down parts, pull parts, ship them, etc. I don't even know what an 8 hour work day is, lol.

Marx3
    Marx3
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Marx3 Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:29 am

well, as long as I know that there is actually a group of people who are actively contributing, I can wait:- )
    Yes yes, family, work, kids etc it all takes time :-)
    Me I catch a break by checking up on a couple of forums. Getting away :-)
    Myloth
    Myloth
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Myloth Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:24 pm

I have lots of forums I got to that are damn slow, the Chevy Impala forums I have posted with questions and waited

better of a week for a response there.In the summer especially it's slow now it's getting cool it will pickup some I bet.
    Marx3
    Marx3
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Marx3 Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:47 am

some of the Oldsmobile, Firebird and Volvo turbo forums I use or have been using frequently, have very fast response time. It seems you have to drive a camaro, if you want fast response in a forum:-)

I found the caprice forum
    z9.invisionfree.com/The_Caprice_forum/index.php
    but looking at the last post info, most of the threads have been silent for about 6 months or more.
    G_S77
    G_S77
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  G_S77 Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:38 am

impalasuperstore.com is mostly a graveyard placeholder domain.  There is a fair amount of traffic/chatter on impalassforum.com but the bulk of younger users migrated to facebook groups.  A wealth of information has been amassed there and a lot of the 1st gen owners and anti-facebook crowd still post there frequently.

There are a few tribute and informational pages dedicated to 9C1, but nothing that I've found with user/vistor content.

Living in both webpage and facebook group worlds for b-bodies, the younger crowd complains that the traffic and responses are too slow on the webpages, and the older crowd complains that the facebook groups have bad info and lackluster content.

Me personally, I'd rather wait to get good info then be feed bad info quickly.  If you are stuck on the side of the road or have to get whatever put back together in short order, you will get a fairly quick response in the facebook groups.
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  solo79 Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:39 pm

There seems to be a growing trend of migration to Facebook that I've noticed in the past 4 years. Even the heavy traffic forums I used to frequent are about dead because they created Facebook pages and everyone goes there now. I have no interest whatsoever in Facebook and you won't find me on there. I still like the "old school" forums. I'll admit, I don't post as much as I'd like to, but I have a crazy work schedule and during the warm months, I'm going to car shows and cruise-ins every weekend. I think this forum does pretty well traffic wise though and I do check in once or twice a day even if I don't log in. I am overjoyed at the amount of interest there is out there in these cars.
    Marx3
    Marx3
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Marx3 Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:56 pm

about the facebook trend: same thing is happening here in DK. Once there was 1 major webpage for us car enthusiasts, but then it got new owners, and they screwed the forum and everything up. Now there are e few minor forum pages, but most of the "action" os on facebook.

I prefer a good old forum, too. Replies on facebook often turn into a shitstorm.

I rarely need mechanical advise and such ( skilled mechanic, dont mean to brag! ), but I am so happy to have found this site, so I can ask questions on details about the B-body.
    walker45
    walker45
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  walker45 Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Keep going ... I like this forum because of its special for 77-79 Caprice..
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:48 pm

This forum started out as strictly 77 to 79 impala and caprices, after about 6 months i rechanged every thing to include all b bodies but still dedicated to the 77 to 79s. This forum launched Jan 13, 2013 and almost 3 years later have only accumulated 500 members. I try to keep things updated, but am very busy as well, the facebook page we have had blown up since i started it about a year ago, its way more poular than here, and ive tried to direct traffic to this site, with little success, dont worry yall this site aint going anywhere anytime soon. But facebook has dominated the forum world and the world in general. We do have a good set of folks here who try their best to keep it updated and accurate, just not as quick as id like it but most of those other forums have been around 10+ years. I started this forum because there was nothing for us, and i hated that. Im trying to bring an interest to these cars and its slowly happening, im trying to get active within the community with car shows etc and performance shops, they all see my car and are quite impressed with it and never knew GM made something like it, they know about the late 80s monte carlo aerocoupes but didnt know that our cars did it first!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:23 am