GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

89 Caprice Classic Headlight Swap

DavidJaeger
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

89 Caprice Classic Headlight Swap Empty 89 Caprice Classic Headlight Swap

Post  DavidJaeger Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:10 pm

Hello, I wanted to know if I could swap out the split cell headlights in my 1989 Caprice Classic for the older style single cell headlights. What I mean by this is I want the style headlights that were on the 77-86 year models that featured dual high beams instead of the newer style on the 87-90 year models that featured one cell that was split in half and had only single high beams. This is more of an aesthetics thing but I would really like to do this because I like the older style better and I think dual high beams look cooler. Also, below is are two links to random Google pictures to what both styles look like, the first link is for the older style (WHAT I WANT) and the second one is the newer style. Also you'll have to copy and paste the links because the forum won't let me put links in my posts for a week since I'm new.

Thanks,

-David.

carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0015/72/83/15932738_large.jpg "Old Style"

st.lowrider.com/uploads/sites/7/2014/01/1987-chevrolet-caprice-classic-front-left-side-view-promo1.jpg "New Style"

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:17 am