GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Front rotor Lug pattern

JusSko77
    JusSko77
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Front rotor Lug pattern Empty Front rotor Lug pattern

Post  JusSko77 Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:41 am

Trying to figure out the best option here.

Recently grabbed an 8.5 rear from a '94 Caprice, Going to clean it up and rebuild it before throwing it in with the UMI uppers and lower arms, Viking Coil overs that are all ready on the car and Hotchkiss sway bars. What's throwing me off is the lug pattern, everything that I'm reading says the rear is a 5x5 lug pattern, obviously the 79 Impala is a 5x4.75. Question, would I just use the front rotors, brackets, and calipers from a 94 impala as well to keep the same lug pattern on all four corners? Or is there some which craft involved?

Plans are to run Torque Thrust II's 17x9.5 up front and 17x11s out back with a mini tub for clearance. "Low Life Status"
    Myloth
    Myloth
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    5th Year Anniversary

Front rotor Lug pattern Empty Re: Front rotor Lug pattern

Post  Myloth Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:58 am

Your choices are one like you said get front brakes from a 92-96 B body with 5x5 pattern, two change the axles in the rear

to 5x4.75 and use Camaro ,Corvette or even Blazer brakes. Or you could do what I did for now use spacer\adapter that switches 5x5 to 5x4.75.

The last in my case is was  a short term fix, I plan to replace the axles and rebuild the rear with a locker soon. But since everything works

I am taking my time doing it  lol.
    JusSko77
    JusSko77
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  JusSko77 Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:46 am

Myloth wrote:Your choices are one like you said get front brakes from a 92-96 B body with 5x5 pattern, two change the axles in the rear

to 5x4.75 and use Camaro ,Corvette or even Blazer brakes. Or you could do what I did for now use spacer\adapter that switches 5x5 to 5x4.75.

The last in my case is was  a short term fix, I plan to replace the axles and rebuild the rear with a locker soon. But since everything works

I am taking my time doing it  lol.

Thanks for actual clarification.
    Looking at it from a stand point of, when I have to do brakes again, would like the ability to walk in a parts whore store and be like yeah, brakes from blah blah blah vs having to order shit online and waiting.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 am