GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

+2
terry cronk
Bill "elvis"
6 posters

update on my 1979 impala project

TMCKERROW
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

update on my 1979 impala project - Page 2 Empty Godfather of the 9c1 program!!!

Post  TMCKERROW Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:43 pm

Hey guys, I just had a conversation of a lifetime earlier today. While searching for info on the 9c1 Caprice, I was put into contact with a Mr. Bob Hapiak. Anyone heard of him? I hadnt...But, he is the man who was in charge of development of the 9c1 program!!! He is considered the Godfather of 9c1s within Chevrolet! He is the man who said, "Hey, lets use the 'Vette engine." So, tomorrow I am calling him again so we can talk in depth. Hes putting me in touch with the Lead Engineer on the 9c1 program as well! AND, he said he has contact info for guys who bought out all of the warehouses full of 9c1 parts! I think I just stumbled upon the holy grail of Caprice 9c1 lore...
    Myloth
    Myloth
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    5th Year Anniversary

update on my 1979 impala project - Page 2 Empty Re: update on my 1979 impala project

Post  Myloth Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Wow interesting keep us in the loop. From what I read says he was special project manager for GM for years including the police packages,
    TMCKERROW
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

update on my 1979 impala project - Page 2 Empty Bob Hapiak

Post  TMCKERROW Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:21 pm

He was. He is literally the Godfather of the Police packackes. The 9c1, the 1a2 wagon, and the b4c Pursuit Camaro. He has been under contract with GM foe the last 18 years, retired after 40 years at GM before that. One of his first jobs at GM was helping set vehicles up for the "new" radial tires. He started with GM right after college at the age of 18. As i said, he is the man who said, "Hey, lets use the 'Vette motor!" He made the calls on all that stuff. He sold countless taxis and cop cars...just hordes of them. We had our 2nd conversation today, and hes getting menin touch with a few people. One of them was the lead engineer on the 95 9c1 team. Today, and for the next few days, he is up in Michigan at the Police Car testing deal that the Michigan State Police holds. Once hes done, Ill get to speak with him...and I'll soon have a COMPLETE parts list of what made up the 9c1. And, Ill have leads on where to get those parts. AND, I'll get to ask him questions like, "If GM would have let you, what would you have done differently to make it perform better?" And, I can ask what stuff will and wont work. I just cant believe that a simple search for part numbers ended up with me in touch with one of the industry legends! So cool.
    TMCKERROW
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  TMCKERROW Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:25 pm

He even gave me a LITTLE bit of info on what his current project is...The Beast II...otherwise known as the Presidents Limousine...the guy is just amazing to speak with seriously.
    TMCKERROW
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  TMCKERROW Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Oh fun fact from him. The Caprice and Impala were supposed to be done in 95. But, so many people ordered and paid for them that they had to continue production into 96. The difference between 95 and 96 models? Nothing.
    Bill "elvis"
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

update on my 1979 impala project - Page 2 Empty Re: update on my 1979 impala project

Post  Bill "elvis" Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:01 am

some how some way TMCKERROW you attached this topic to my post. no big deal to me, but I think more people would see it if it was its own topic and posted in the 90's section.
    TMCKERROW
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

update on my 1979 impala project - Page 2 Empty Noob

Post  TMCKERROW Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:11 am

Yeah, you are right. Dang noobs...ill learn this site sooner or later. I still cant even postnpics, im too new lol. Sorry bout that.
    Bill "elvis"
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Bill "elvis" Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:15 am

no problem bud, I just saw this this morning and thought it would be better that's all.
    TMCKERROW
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

update on my 1979 impala project - Page 2 Empty this site isnt the easiest to use huh...

Post  TMCKERROW Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:59 pm

whats the simplest way to post pics on here??? I have tried and tried and tried, and read all the FAQ's and everything. Im not 100% computer illiterate, so I have to be just missing something. I hope...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am