GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

My 1977 Landau

Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

My 1977 Landau Empty My 1977 Landau

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:48 am

I was going through my pics looking for something and came across this -

My 1977 Landau 77bkca10

This is the one that started my love affair with the 77-79 B-bodies.  Pic was taken sometime in the 1980's.
    She's a 77 Impala Landau.  350/350, F41, G80, power everything.

I really went to town on this one.  
    Rebuilt the motor, added aluminum heads, roller valve train, remote dual oil filters with cooler, plus a bunch of other under hood goodies.
    Rebuilt the turbo 350 trans with a reverse shift manual valve body, and added a trans cooler.  
    Re-did the rear with new bearings and clutch plates.
    I installed Herb Adams sway bars front and rear, and poly bushings everywhere.
    Added dual exhaust with Thrush turbo mufflers.
    All Auto Meter gauges including speedo and tach.

Those are IROC Z28 16x8 wheels and Goodyear Z rated tires on her.  Yupper, the rears rubbed during hard cornering.

The interior wasnt left out either.
    It started with 15% limo tint on the windows.  (sucks at night, btw.  Can't see out the windows.)
    I put in door panels out of a 78 Delta 88 Royale (WAY classier than impala or caprice, imo)
    The back seat out of the same Delta 88.  It has the center fold down arm rest that chevys don't.
    Bucket seats from a 70's Grand Prix.  Really sweet ones too.
    Floor console and shifter out of a 75 Cutlass. (these fit our cars like they were made for them)
    And a KILLER (for the time) stereo system consisting of a Yamaha head unit, EQ, and 10 disc CD changer (that skipped on every bump, lol), Several Yamaha and Orion HCCA amps, 4-12" Orion subs in the trunk, 4- 10" Orion mid-bass drivers on the package tray, 2- 8" Orion mid bass drivers in the kick panels, 8- 4" Alpine midrange drivers (4 in each door) and  4 Alpine tweeters - 2 on the A pillars and 2 on the C pillars.  
    Yes, it was loud, lol ;P

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:32 pm