GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl
GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

A forum for all the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1965-1996, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

Control Arms for 72 Chevy Impala Sport Coupe

mrbigA47

Control Arms for 72 Chevy Impala Sport Coupe Empty Control Arms for 72 Chevy Impala Sport Coupe

Post  mrbigA47 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:34 am

I am trying to decide whether to replace the worn bushings on my control arms (front and rear) with Energy Suspension polyurethane or buy new arms. Pickings are slim and expensive for my year Impala. The car will be a "spirited" daily driver which is why I am looking at suspension upgrades. I was told that the 77-79 arms are compatible with the 72. Is that a true statement? If so, I can just hit up Rock Auto and use MOOG replacements. If not, Spohn makes upper and lower arms, with zirc fittings, for the rear at a decent price (nothing tubular for the front). Global West is too much for my budget. Are there any other products or compatibility options I can use?

Current date/time is Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:46 am