GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

PS Bracket

Myloth
    Myloth
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

PS Bracket  Empty PS Bracket

Post  Myloth Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Could anyone (PLEASE) show a pic of their PS brackets.

The bracket for mine the original I never had on correctly (Lost part? l)

I tried this horror with way too much alignment issues I should have bought the steel with the 2 piece bottom

PS Bracket  Psbrac11

I am going to to a yard Monday get something and then put together a straight bracket or die in the  trying.

Any pics of your setup would be greatly appreciated year doesn't matter just what works for you.

If I missed something here or anywhere even a link would be nice.

What's ridiculous about the whole damn thing is my aluminum alternator bracket I have yet to have an  issue

It's actually like the pic of the one here. Why these PS brackets don't work is insanely frustrating but

it seems this one requires too many washers in the instructions. My original 79' isn't great either

aside from being a hideous beast getting tension on it seemed impossible hence my request?

here's the original

PS Bracket  Th_20150626_113030

Ok my panic attack has passed I didn't make out in the yard but I did make this yesterday and I believe

it will work .( I bought a length of SS rod and the joints off ebay while back)

PS Bracket  P2220010

I'll use it as the top bracket rather than that aluminum turd in the other pic. I also found out that

style of kit would require a special pulley. No mention anywhere on Ebay(Where I got mine) or from March of this.
    Myloth
    Myloth
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

PS Bracket  Empty Re: PS Bracket

Post  Myloth Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:33 pm

PS Bracket  P3010010

I came up with a temporary solution with the heim joint although it's a little shaky

and not 100 percent true. So I bought a different style mount that puts the PS pump on the

block and grabs one bolt on the water pump should get on next week. Till then this is working ok

I'm just glad the Napa pump checked out ok Smile.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am