GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Mice Damage

paulboncz
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Mice Damage Empty Mice Damage

Post  paulboncz Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:27 am

Mice have managed to get inside the driver side front door of my 4 Dr. '79 Impala and create a terrible mess - interior chewed up. Nests at the bottom of the door and inside the arm rest. Sh.. everywhere. They have left no clue as to how they got inside the door. The door trim panel on the outside looks untouched until you pull the arm rest. Anyone had this problem or have any ideas about point of entry.

Take this post as a friendly warning. Be alert. You don't want my problem.
    Kit1078
    Kit1078
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary

Mice Damage Empty Re: Mice Damage

Post  Kit1078 Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:45 pm

I had mice get into the door on my truck thru the rubber tube that runs from the body to the door for the door wiring. If you have power windows and door locks, they might have used that rubber tube, possibly. the little buggers don't need much space to crawl thru anything.

paulboncz likes this post

paulboncz
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Mice Damage Empty Mice Damage

Post  paulboncz Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:59 pm

Thanks Kit1078. I finally discovered the entry point. Someone who worked on my car wasn't happy with the 1/4" water drain holes at the bottom of the door so they poked two additional 1" diam holes in both front doors. The result is obvious.
    I hate using forum space for this subject but mice have been a disgusting problem for me. The only way to get rid of them is to kill them with a snap trap. All those other great ideas people have online don't work. I've tried them all.

slimwud likes this post

Sponsored content

Mice Damage Empty Re: Mice Damage

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am