GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Caprice '79 "SS", soon lost

Buick_FIN
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Caprice '79 "SS", soon lost Empty Caprice '79 "SS", soon lost

Post  Buick_FIN Tue May 27, 2014 3:17 pm

No use to put to classfieds, because located about 3000 miles from US east cost, but anyway still for a while I send you photo of my "SS" Caprice:

-police springs, excellent ride!
    -330hp goodwrench engine

doesn't it be in the level of newer SS Impala, at least I think this is:

Caprice '79 "SS", soon lost IMG_1206_pak-vi

I have few other cars and as obsession I want to have the Buick-plastic-wood-dash and therefore I am going to buy LeSabre coupe, and this sedan has to go. I'm gonna be a real buick man with one coupe and one station wagon.
    The people are driving here newer Audis, VW:s, Toyotas, Mercedes and BMW:s, but a bit, ok, more than a bit, old fashioned '79 Caprice has had a positive feedback from a people generally especially at winter time, when normal "summer cars" are not seen at all.
    And driving with police springs in bumpy asphalt roads or highway at 85 mph, no matter what, it is a car I like to drive.
    Compared to my previous fox-Mustang the huge 234/75 x 15" wheels makes a bit comfortable touch to ground, but the suspension keeps the car ok.
    And compared to my prev-prev El Camino this does not squeek so much and there is not that awful wind noise, which El Camino had (with it's "hardtop"-doors). And still on the track I would believe this wouldn't be any slower than my '84 El Camino was.
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Caprice '79 "SS", soon lost Empty Re: Caprice '79 "SS", soon lost

Post  solo79 Tue May 27, 2014 7:36 pm

Very nice!! Welcome to the forum!

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 am