GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Missing dash pieces

H3ad Tr9p
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Missing dash pieces Empty Missing dash pieces

Post  H3ad Tr9p Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Hey fellow b body enthusiasts. I just got me my third box chevy it's an 86 caprice. It needs allot of TLC so I may be on here frequently. Here's what my problem is. The caprice logo is missing from the center dash in between the center vents. I'll attach a picture of another caprice. How do I fix this? Will I have to remove the dash? One of my box chevys is in the salvage yard I could get it off that one just need to know the steps I need to take for proper removal so I don't break it as well. Also my dash pad is severely damaged do I just remove the screws in the front to remove it?  Hope someone can help me.Missing dash pieces 2015-011
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Missing dash pieces Empty Re: Missing dash pieces

Post  solo79 Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:32 am

Hi!  Welcome to the Forum!  The dash pad is relatively easy to remove.  There are 4 screws (2 on each side) in the windshield defroster vent openings, one screw on each side between the doors and the dash pad, and 8 (I think) screws along the top front bottom edge.  Once you take all of those out, the pad will come right off.  If you have a tilt steering column, it helps to put that in the lowest position.  Once you have the pad off, you will be able to easily access and remove that panel.  I don't recall what holds that panel in precisely as my cars always had a clock in that opening.  However, once you get inside, it will be pretty straight forward.  Let us know how it goes and be sure to post pics of your ride in our Share With Us section.
    H3ad Tr9p
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Post  H3ad Tr9p Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:42 pm

Will do thank you!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:02 pm