GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

body repair of a 77 with a 82

alusil850
    alusil850
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

body repair of a 77 with a 82 Empty body repair of a 77 with a 82

Post  alusil850 Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:21 pm

hello,
    in france I would like to rebuilt like new my caprice 77 4door 1n69l.
    It have the roof perfored by rust around the windshield, same at the rear... but the bottom is nice.

I plant to tear down the body, sandblast, mag weld, but may be I can do something more easy because I found a nice body of a 82, not really the same body, but the roof look same, isn' it?
    or may be if I keep the 82 body and change the rear fenders?

if somebody have allready check the differences, let me know.

also, I remember many year ago I can find body parts in bare steel like the roof, but today nothing...do you have address?

thanks in advance.
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

body repair of a 77 with a 82 Empty Re: body repair of a 77 with a 82

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 am

Bienvenue sur le forum!

Le pare-brise est le même de 1977-1990, de telle sorte que la partie avant du toit de 1982 va fonctionner. Je ne suis pas sûr de l'arrière, mais il ne semble similaire. Peut-être que si vous prenez des mesures précises, vous pouvez trouver et poster vos conclusions ici?

Malheureusement, nous ne sommes pas reconnus par de nombreux fabricants de pièces de rechange. Pour autant que je sache, personne ne fait le corps des pièces de remplacement pour 77-79s.

Pour vous aider dans votre démarche, nous avons posté des informations spécifiques à nos voitures.

https://www.gmbbodyforum.com/f45-general-info

Sentez-vous pour télécharger gratuitement ou copier tout ce que vous voulez. Vous trouverez de 1977 manuel de réparation Fisher Body particulièrement utile.

Si vous avez l'oppertunity, s'il vous plaît poster les photos de votre automobile. Smile

alusil850
    alusil850
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  alusil850 Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Merci,
    je suis surpris d'avoir une réponse dans un bon français, mieux que ce peut écrire certains français!
    Je vais donc surement trouver une caisse des années 80 90 pour changer le toit complet, bien trop de travail de tolerie pour restaurer, surtout pour des details comme les tetes de clou qui fixent les enjoliveurs de pare brise.
    je ferai des photos de la restauration, cela fera un sujet de plusieurs années.

sinon connaissez vous ce vendeur qui offre des tissus d'origine?
    www.originalauto.com

thanks,
    I will find I a 80 90 body for changing all the roof, too much job for repairing.
    I will do picture of the rebuild, you will have a topic for many year.

do you know this seller for original fabric?
    www.originalauto.com
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Nous faisons de notre mieux pour rendre le forum le plus accueillant possible.
    Je sens que la langue ne devrait jamais être autorisé à être un obstacle.

Personnellement, je l'ai acheté à partir de tissu d'origine Auto Interiors. Les employés y sont très professionnels et bien informés sur les produits qu'ils vendent. Si vous ne connaissez pas votre numéro de siège de RPO de tissu, ils peuvent regarder jusqu'à l'année et le modèle dans leur base de données et vous montrer des échantillons pour trouver le match correct. Ils vendent aussi le matériau de vinyle correcte pour la partie inférieure des sièges.
    La qualité du tissu je recevais était mieux que je m'y attendais. Si je ne savais pas qu'il a été fabriqué dans les années 1970, je l'aurais jamais le savent. Il était comme neuf encore. Je me souviens qu'il y avait même sentait nouvelle.
    Si vous avez du mal à l'avoir livré à la France, vous pouvez l'avoir livré à moi à New York et je vais vous la faire parvenir. (Je fais cela pour quelques autres personnes sur le forum aussi.)

Nous avons besoin de quelques photos! cheers

We do our best to make the forum as welcoming as possible.
    I feel that language should never be allowed to be an obstacle.

I personally have purchased fabric from Original Auto Interiors. The employees there are very professional and knowledgeable about the products they sell. If you don't know your seat fabric RPO number, they can look up the year and model in their database and show you samples to find the correct match. They also sell the correct vinyl material for the lower portion of the seats.
    The quality of the fabric I received was better than I expected. If I didn't know it was manufactured in the 1970s, I would have never know it. It was like brand new still. I remember it even smelled new.
    If you have trouble having it shipped to France, you can have it shipped to me in New York and I'll forward it to you. (I do that for a couple other people on the Forum too.)

alusil850
    alusil850
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  alusil850 Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:11 pm

great.
    ""
    I can't upload: ""Could not upload file : exceeded user allowed storage. (Free space : 0""

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:03 pm