GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Glass- windshield, door glass, etc 65-96

GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Glass- windshield, door glass, etc 65-96 Empty Glass- windshield, door glass, etc 65-96

Post  GM B-Body Forum Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Pretty self explanatory, ofcourse this website doesnt offer the backglass for the 77-79 coupes, but all the other glass is cover from 65-96, check it out if you need some replacements. http://www.glassrack.net/caprice.html
    Myloth
    Myloth
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Glass- windshield, door glass, etc 65-96 Empty Re: Glass- windshield, door glass, etc 65-96

Post  Myloth Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:48 am

Is there a difference between the 80-90 windshield and 79 2 door? They only list like others the 4 door 80-90 for windshield.

On a side note here a humorous anecdote (Not so funny for me but I'll explain) I was driving down a 2 lane double yellow by the

northway and the fellow in front of me let not one but two trucks go in front of him.(One a double trailer!) I waited and waited till

finally at the onramp he decided he needed 500 ft behind the tractor in front of him before enetering the ramp. So I looked, hit my

signal, stepped on the gas and went around to the left as he was stopped. I go to the onramp north and noticed a SUV in

familiar blue.

Well as I hit the Northway I seen flashing lights. I get pulled over and the Officer accues me of "peeling out" . The funny part

is the peeling out came from the puff of smoke from the tailpipe as I hit the gas. Lol then trid to explain to him that this chevy

smokes. Not so funny part is he is part of my fan club he pulled me over a month ago accusing me of no sticker (It was in the

window) I am hoping we go for round three and I will file complaint as I am sure he spotted me from the barracks and followed

from there. I have nothing against Law enforcement this officer has the wrong idea and the wrong person (I think he had bad

experience in an old Caprice Police Car lol) is all. He gave me ticket for failing to keep right , that's a first for me or anyone I

know not involved in an accident.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Glass- windshield, door glass, etc 65-96 Empty Re: Glass- windshield, door glass, etc 65-96

Post  GM B-Body Forum Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:14 pm

To my knowledge there is no difference between 77-90 2 or 4 door, the only option that may differ through out those years is the antennae, 90% if not more had the windshield antennae and (a few had the fender mounted antennae which i think was only for 77-79 models).
    Myloth
    Myloth
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Post  Myloth Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:10 pm

Yeah I have the antenna but also a nice star break on the passenger side .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 am