GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Heater stopped working

79Box
    79Box
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Heater stopped working  Empty Heater stopped working

Post  79Box Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:48 am

I have been trying to find a post that shows how to replace the heater motor. Does anyone here have pictures or a link to someone that has already done the same thing.  I’ve been looking on the form and haven’t found one yet.
    slimwud
    slimwud
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Heater stopped working  Empty Re: Heater stopped working

Post  slimwud Thu May 21, 2020 12:40 am

If u open hood on the right side by ac reciever drier i believe I might be wrong but there is a connector up there with one wire thats the fan motor. It takes some 1/4in sockets to undo the six screws. I suggest buying a fan and looking around and u will spot it. Kinda sticks out. Havent figured out how to post pics here yet. Open hood walk down passenger side by hood hinge where heater hoses go the fan goes in there. So between hinge and hoses.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 pm