GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

1978 Caprice 2 door for sale

al.rob
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)

1978 Caprice 2 door for sale Empty 1978 Caprice 2 door for sale

Post  al.rob Sun May 08, 2022 5:17 pm

I have a 1978 Caprice 2 door for sale that I have owned since 1998.  It has been a daily driver all its life, and now has 325K miles on it.  Starts and runs, engine is still solid.  Transmission works fine but leaks, mostly out the front pump.  Tires are 3 years old and have about 6K miles on them.  The biggest problem is rust, unfortunately.  the frame needs to be repaired in the rear over the rear axle where the crossmember is attached.  Also, the front end needs to be rebuilt, because the front shocks are no longer attached to the lower control arms since that part of the control arms has rusted away.  I have all of the repair records for all three owners of this car, which has always been in the Washington, DC area.  I even still have the factory window sticker, bill of sale, and dealer prep certificate.  I do not have a garage or the wherewithal to work on these issues, and it may just be a parts car anyway.  I can't part it out, though, as I live in the city where I can't keep a partial junk car laying around.  The car was in an accident in the late 1980s that required the replacement of the front grill, bumper, header panel, and right fender.  When they did this they used a grill from a 1977 Caprice.  The grill inserts in the bumper are correct.  I have no idea how much something like this is worth, so if you are interested, make me an offer.  For some reason, it will not let me post any pictures, so if you are interested, please reply with an email address and I will send some.

Thanks,

Al

Al
    al.rob
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)

1978 Caprice 2 door for sale Empty Car above listed on eBay

Post  al.rob Fri May 20, 2022 10:01 am

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:58 am