GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

+3
oldsbuickhybrid
GM B-Body Forum
Sweet Seventy9
7 posters

Get Them Before They're All GONE!

Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Get Them Before They're All GONE! Empty Get Them Before They're All GONE!

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Holy Smokes!!  They're on sale!!!  No kidding, grab a set before they're all gone!!

Second Gen 9C1 rear lower control arms.

Get Them Before They're All GONE! Rear_l10

It comes as a COMPLETE KIT!!  Here's what you get:

Get Them Before They're All GONE! 10289710

These IMO are the absolute best and easiest installed improvement to your cars handling you can buy for under $50!!  At that price I might buy a set just to have them for my next B-body, lol!
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

Get Them Before They're All GONE! Empty Re: Get Them Before They're All GONE!

Post  GM B-Body Forum Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:35 pm

I just bought a set!, ran me $60 after tax and shipping
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:24 pm

just got the kit in the mail today! looks good, at first i thought they were rusty but its just the red powder from the bushings. I might order a few more just to have them.
    Get Them Before They're All GONE! Cimg6927
    Get Them Before They're All GONE! Cimg6928
    Get Them Before They're All GONE! Cimg6929
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:56 pm

Looking good Bro! I can't wait to see 'em on your car!

LOL, because there'll be a day when these are no longer available, I bought a set just to have them too.  Smile 
    oldsbuickhybrid
    oldsbuickhybrid
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Post  oldsbuickhybrid Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:41 pm

Just wondering, what advantage do these have over OEM control arms? Are they boxed, poly bushings? Also, is the part number the one in the pic?
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:53 pm

oldsbuickhybrid wrote:Just wondering, what advantage do these have over OEM control arms?  Are they boxed, poly bushings?  Also, is the part number the one in the pic?

They're the 2nd design which have the sway bar bolts coming down from the top instead of the weaker 1st design that have the bolts on the sides.

Most importantly though, they're new with zero miles on them or the bushings, for under $50. (It's almost guaranteed that your bushings are worn.)

Yes, that is the part number in the pic. Most dealerships will tell you they're no longer available but GMPD still has a few sets left. Once they're gone, they're all gone.
    oldsbuickhybrid
    oldsbuickhybrid
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  oldsbuickhybrid Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:54 am

Sweet Seventy9 wrote:
    They're the 2nd design which have the sway bar bolts coming down from the top instead of the weaker 1st design that have the bolts on the sides.  

Most importantly though, they're new with zero miles on them or the bushings, for under $50.  (It's almost guaranteed that your bushings are worn.)

Yes, that is the part number in the pic.  Most dealerships will tell you they're no longer available but GMPD still has a few sets left.  Once they're gone, they're all gone.
    Ah.  Thanks for the answer, and at a bit less than $50, this is a great deal.
    oldsbuickhybrid
    oldsbuickhybrid
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  oldsbuickhybrid Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:08 am

Just bought a set as well to replace my lowers (one of which I just found out was bent). Cool The price seems to have gotten just a bit higher though. I ended up paying $70 for them shipped to Texas. Still a great deal though. I checked on just the price of the bushings, and they were between $30 and $40 for the set. So $70 shipped for arms, bushings, and hardware is a bargain.

Thanks again for the heads up.
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:56 pm

Yep, a lot of people are driving around with at least one bent LCA and don't even know it. On my last car I never knew my left one was bent until I removed it to replace it.

If you look at the last pic Bbody posted above, you can see the 4 plates I mentioned in your swaybar thread. You'll use them plus the bolts with the sleeves.

terry cronk
    terry cronk
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary

Get Them Before They're All GONE! Empty Part #10289786 Lower control arms kit.

Post  terry cronk Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:34 am

I just purchased this kit.

With shipping to Michigan was $72 and change.

Now I wonder if there is an upper arms kit?

Myloth
    Myloth
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Myloth Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Southside makes a set of Uppers for $135 I bought the complete set and the quality is there. The lowers you bought are

fine even when compared to the lowers I have. But the factory Uppers are a joke very lightweight and weak so I think the

$135 is justified to replace them. Honestly I think B bodies out of the box seem to have a soft ride because of the flex in

those factory Uppers mine don't flex and you can tell the difference in ride and cornering it is rather HUGE.

http://southsidemachineperformance.com/t/gm-b-body-1978-1996-upper-control-armsGet Them Before They're All GONE! Uppers12
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:22 pm

You have to be super careful when using adjustable upper arms.  They are not recommended for regular street usage.  If your adjustments are even the slightest bit off it will throw off the geometry and cause severe binding.  You wont even know it until something breaks.  They also can mess up the pinion angle and make you go through lots of u-joints.  Trust me, stick to non-adjustable arms.
    Fierro51
    Fierro51
    Sophomore Member (Tier 4)
    Sophomore Member (Tier 4)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Fierro51 Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:51 pm

Sweet Seventy9 wrote:You have to be super careful when using adjustable upper arms.  They are not  recommended for regular street usage.  If your adjustments are even the slightest bit off it will throw off the geometry and cause severe binding.  You wont even know it until something breaks.  They also can mess up the pinion angle and make you go through lots of u-joints.  Trust me, stick to non-adjustable arms.
    Ill second that if your not careful but ive had worn our mounts cause issues too. but ive raced these cars on both dirt and asphalt an theyll take a beating before components break
    terry cronk
    terry cronk
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  terry cronk Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:47 pm

Can someone show what order the bolts for the sway go in on the arms?

From top down? Or bottom up? I assume the cross "U" brackets on top?

Appreciate the pictures.

Thanks
    JrJc66
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  JrJc66 Mon May 30, 2016 9:40 pm

Will these fit and/or would you recommend them for an 86 pontiac parisienne wagon?
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Mon May 30, 2016 10:15 pm

JrJc66 wrote:Will these fit and/or would you recommend them for an 86 pontiac parisienne wagon?

No. Wagons use different control arms.
    JrJc66
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  JrJc66 Mon May 30, 2016 10:18 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Have another quick question for you. Will the 94-96 impala SS springs work on my car? If so, would you have a part number by chance? Thanks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:41 am