GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

So close but so far away

GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

So close but so far away Empty So close but so far away

Post  GM B-Body Forum Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:08 pm

So of all the b bodies that i see around town which isnt many, usually 87-96 models, a 77-79 impala just happens to show up at a laundromat right next to my work, and im on the clock so i cant leave to go look at it or leave a card for the forum, but at least i got a few shots. This is the second 77-79 ive seen in person(besides mine). It looks like its pretty rough, but still running, its also a landau so its pretty rare.
    So close but so far away 2014-016
    So close but so far away 2014-017
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

So close but so far away Empty Re: So close but so far away

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:40 pm

Yeah same here, I rarely see a 77-79 either.  

It's strange how the top portion is so rusty.  Lol, around here it's usually the bottom that rusts out.
    I still see potential there.  A new set of wheels and tires would spruce her up some.
    Maybe some 2x4 spring helpers for the rear?  Lol, j/k!
    I wonder if it has a 305 or a 350?  Or a posi rear?
    Do you think the AC still works? Laughing
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  solo79 Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:21 am

You know what's really rare? Seeing TWO of them within 50 ft. of each other! I wonder if the owner noticed yours when he arrived or was leaving? Your car looks outstanding by the way!!

The last one I've seen around here was a 4 door 78 in decent shape for sale at the local Wal-Mart employee parking lot. I haven't seen it there in a few days though.

GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:39 am

Hopefully he'll come in one day, i work at advance auto parts. It is kind of odd with the rust pattern, but i will say that when i first bought my 84 caprice, it had spent the latter part of its life in florida, and the entire roof was rusted like that, maybe a thing with southern cars, the sun baking the paint off who knows? But i was out installing a battery in a customers car when i heard it start up, it sounded like a 305, didnt have that deeper tone of a 350. I was thinking the same thing solo, there was no way he or she was leaving without seeing mine, i mean it was right there. Only time will tell, and ill be patiently waiting for it to return lol. Oh yeah i do think it needs a set of 2x4's, it is getting a little saggy in the rear!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 pm