GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

4 posters

complete 79 impala header panel needed....

shawnj313
    shawnj313
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

complete 79 impala header panel needed.... Empty complete 79 impala header panel needed....

Post  shawnj313 Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Good evening, I'm a new member here so first of all just want to say hello and thanks for accepting my membership.

I have a 79 imp coupe I'm restoring and I need the complete setup for the header panel. It was orignally a euro header panel from a 86 or newer caprice on it when I purchased it, found a 79 caprice header assembly, but it is missing the passenger side marker light. I have been searchin hard for the light, no luck and I have been able to find peices of the imp panel but it just comes out too expensive to buy it in pieces and have them all individually shipped. Ifanybody can help me with either the light or the whole assembly, I would definitely appreciate it, thanks alot! Sorry for the long post.
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

complete 79 impala header panel needed.... Empty Re: complete 79 impala header panel needed....

Post  solo79 Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:13 am

Welcome to the forum!! Always nice to see a new name around. Currently there is at least one of those '79 Caprice front marker lights on Ebay. It might be a little pricey, but if it's all you need to complete the '79 Caprice header panel, it might be worth it. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-CHEVY-PASSENGER-CAPRICE-L-CORNER-PARK-AMBER-LIGHT-SIDE-MARKER-VINTAGE-9197-/331177479910?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1bb74ee6&vxp=mtr

These cars and parts are getting tough to find. We do have a parts king on here who may have what you're looking for also. Check out Sweet Seventy9's classifieds often. If he doesn't have one, he may be able to get it. Also, be sure to post pics of your Impala in our Share With Us section. We love seeing new cars all the time!
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

complete 79 impala header panel needed.... Empty Re: complete 79 impala header panel needed....

Post  GM B-Body Forum Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:27 am

Again welcome! Just like solo said check out sweetseventy9 if he doesnt chime in soon. We hear about this all too often, and all us owners are stuck with searching for nos or used parts which can be hard to find and expensive. Hopefully one day some manufacturer will show some love to us b body owners. By the way are you from Detroit? I see 313 in your name.
    shawnj313
    shawnj313
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  shawnj313 Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:05 am

solo79 wrote:Welcome to the forum!!  Always nice to see a new name around.  Currently there is at least one of those '79 Caprice front marker lights on Ebay.  It might be a little pricey, but if it's all you need to complete the '79 Caprice header panel, it might be worth it.  Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-CHEVY-PASSENGER-CAPRICE-L-CORNER-PARK-AMBER-LIGHT-SIDE-MARKER-VINTAGE-9197-/331177479910?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1bb74ee6&vxp=mtr

These cars and parts are getting tough to find.  We do have a parts king on here who may have what you're looking for also.  Check out Sweet Seventy9's classifieds often.  If he doesn't have one, he may be able to get it.  Also, be sure to post pics of your Impala in our Share With Us section.  We love seeing new cars all the time!

thanks, yeah i have been living on ebay, i've seen that marker light but i need the bezel that goes around it too. i been seeing the bezel with the curved front but mines just butts directly to the headlight bezel on the corner. as soon as i can figure out how to upload the pics, i will. i just can't break down and pay $60 bucks just for the lens and still have to search for the bezel.
    shawnj313
    shawnj313
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  shawnj313 Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:06 am

GM B-Body Forum wrote:Again welcome! Just like solo said check out sweetseventy9 if he doesnt chime in soon. We hear about this all too often, and all us owners are stuck with searching for nos or used parts which can be hard to find and expensive. Hopefully one day some manufacturer will show some love to us b body owners. By the way are you from Detroit? I see 313 in your name.

yeah, that would just seem too right! lol, but yes i'm from detroit.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:31 pm

I guess i could have just looked at your location lol. Im from Flint but i live in Charlotte NC now. But Ill keep a look out for the parts you need.
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi Shawn,
    Welcome to the forum!

I can help with all the parts you need.
    You're going to need almost the entire nose if you want to keep the original Impala look though. The headlight buckets, fender extensions, header panel, directional lights, etc. are all different than the parts you currently have on the car.
    The 79 Caprice 1-piece fiberglass unit you have will work though too.

Either way you choose, I'll still be able to assist. LMK which way you want to go.

If you go with the 79 Caprice unit, to make sure we're on the same page, would you email me a pic of the exact part(s) you're looking for?
    Click on the box around my screen name for my email address.

Randy
    shawnj313
    shawnj313
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  shawnj313 Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:18 pm

complete 79 impala header panel needed.... Cam00518
    shawnj313
    shawnj313
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  shawnj313 Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:19 pm

shawnj313 wrote:complete 79 impala header panel needed.... Cam00518

this is the marker light i am missing for the passenger side along with the clips and such to hold it in.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:45 pm