GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

Waking Up For Spring

kartmaster
    kartmaster
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Waking Up For Spring Empty Waking Up For Spring

Post  kartmaster Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Waking Up For Spring 20140430_195206

Started the Black Car up for the first time this year.  Garage space is a scarce commodity at my place.  We have a single car garage which is reserved for my wife's Jeep without contest.   So the Caprice spent the winter out back on a concrete slab with car cover.  I put the battery back in it today, checked everything over and gave it a whirl.  Fired up just like last year once the bowls filled up.

Waking Up For Spring 20131222_083337

Couple things to sort out.  The thermostat stuck shut the first time I let it run.  I shut it down when it hit 220 and no coolant was circulating the radiator.  Let to cool, then started it back up an hour or so later.  Gently tapped the thermostat housing as it warmed up and it started working as it should.  Probably a Failsafe brand in there... That's a cheap easy fix.

The already cracked windshield though really spidered out on me over the winter.  But I'll probably wait to deal with that until I start the body work... I dunno.  Don't want to get hassled by the cops either...  a new windshield installed probably isn't much more than the ticket would cost.

At any rate.  It felt good to drive it again, even if it was just a couple miles.  Going to enter it in a big car show this weekend I think.  It's no show car, but it will motivate me to get busy on it I think.  And I'll make everybody else's cars look better.  =)
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Waking Up For Spring Empty Re: Waking Up For Spring

Post  solo79 Sun May 04, 2014 7:39 pm

Looking good man!!  Show car or not, these cars will stand out at a show.  You just don't see them anymore, so I say get it out there!!  I've got a long way to go on mine.  Maybe I'll have mine primered and on the road by next summer.
    kartmaster
    kartmaster
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  kartmaster Mon May 05, 2014 11:51 am

Hey thanks, man! I chickened out on entering the show. I kinda didn't feel right entering something into the show I could get a ticket for driving.  Razz There were a ton of absolutely beautiful cars out there and I enjoyed being there. Definitely in a different league than I'm in though.

So instead I just took most of the time to spend outside in the garage working a little bit on all the cars. It was still a good day.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Mon May 05, 2014 10:07 pm

Lookin good buddy!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 am