GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

Couples of stw Buicks

Buick_FIN
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Couples of stw Buicks Empty Couples of stw Buicks

Post  Buick_FIN Tue May 27, 2014 3:02 pm

I am positively surprised I found this forum, or at least looks like there are some other maniacs too, because such forum exists!

I am now selling pretty clean '79 sedan Caprice, buing one '78 LeSabre coupe, and the "engine" and enthusiasm reason  for all these are the station wagons, which I have been seen a lot.

You might not know, that in Finland (loacated in North Europe if not known) they imported a lot of these stw:s, around 10'000 during years '88 - '90 for the reason of avoiding car tax payments.
    The cars have "80 batch" meaning only 50 mph speed was allowed (nothing stops to drive faster luckily in real life!)  and the rear seat upholstery had to be only 2" thick maximum. Otherwice standard cars.
    But the price with these modifications less than a half what was the normal price, so you can imagine they were suddenly popular in Finland. The car price comes from the basic price and then a car tax, about fifty fifty.

So I got one pretty ok Electra Estate Wagon '87 and the second one has been unfortunately pretty secondary with the rust situation.
    By having two stw:s  I can make sure, that I will enjoy of this car for a long time, as example the digital AC-control etc details, spare parts are easily available from the secondary car, and it's cruise, AC, electric windows all working, so good situation with that.

Couples of stw Buicks IMG_9586_pak2-vi
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Couples of stw Buicks Empty Re: Couples of stw Buicks

Post  solo79 Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 pm

So that's where all the wagons went. Those are very good looking cars you have. I haven't seen one in my area that nice in at least 10 years.
    hotwheelsboy28
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Post  hotwheelsboy28 Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Nice!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:26 am