GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

D-Body stabilizer on a B-Body?

GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

D-Body stabilizer on a B-Body? Empty D-Body stabilizer on a B-Body?

Post  GM B-Body Forum Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Ok so tell me what you all think, Ive been doing research and much thinking about putting a steering stabilizer on a b body. Ok so Cadillac D-Bodies in particular the Fleetwood from the 90's came with steering stabilizers. The d body is almost an exact copy of the b body, however Cadillac has always been different even though its still GM, anyway you would have to replace the center link to accept the steering stabilizer. And i also believe you have to weld a small bracket to the frame, but i havent been under a fleetwood to see how it attaches. Moog part number DS1148 is the centerlink, and Moog part number SSD77 is the actual stabilizer, but you can get an original ac delco from rock auto. The question is, is it worth it? I hear more negative things about steering stabilizers/ dampers whatever you want to cal it than i do good things. Alot say its just a bandaid to cover up other suspension/steering problems, and others say its just worthless and you wont feel a difference unless you have other problems. Heres a pic of a caddy fleetwood, I could only find one from a lowrider site.
    D-Body stabilizer on a B-Body? My_chr11
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

D-Body stabilizer on a B-Body? Empty Re: D-Body stabilizer on a B-Body?

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:05 pm

GO FOR IT!!  I love it when people do things like this to set their car apart from others.
    You'll get less feedback through the steering wheel though.  That's what they're meant for.

*edit: I wonder how much weight all that chrome adds to the car? Very Happy
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  solo79 Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Darn, I was going to surprise everyone with that mod on my car. You beat me to it! J/k. When I was working on my buddy's Fleetwood, I noticed that nice little item on his car and thought...hmmm, my 79 needs that!

Oh, and that's a LOT of green, that HAS to be a lowrider in the making in the pic! Seems like I've seen that pic somewhere before too!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 pm