GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

+2
HeavyChevy77
GM B-Body Forum
6 posters

I think I'm offended if not insulted! LOL

GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

I think I'm offended if not insulted! LOL Empty I think I'm offended if not insulted! LOL

Post  GM B-Body Forum Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:38 pm

So i was reading through this article of the worst cars ever produced, and the chevy caprice came up, the description said they took up more room in the driveway than two cars, they were not economic, and a hassle to work on and production didnt last long because of it. here comes the all caps rage! ILL HAVE YOU KNOW THE B BODY WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST SELLING BEST CARS GM HAS EVER PRODUCED AND EXTREMELY RELIABLE WHO EVER BEGS TO DIFFER SHOULD BE SENT TO ANOTHER PLANET! LOL but seriously heres the link, i agree to most of the cars on there, but the caprice does not belong there! http://www.odometer.com/rides/3917/23-lemons-we-cant-believe-were-ever-sold#page=20
    HeavyChevy77
    HeavyChevy77
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    10th Year Anniversary

I think I'm offended if not insulted! LOL Empty Re: I think I'm offended if not insulted! LOL

Post  HeavyChevy77 Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:03 am

Very very offended
    The most reliable, low cost maintenance/repair vehicle ever!
    My 37 year old sbc begs to differ on reliability and pass New cars on the freeway no problem.
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

I think I'm offended if not insulted! LOL Empty Re: I think I'm offended if not insulted! LOL

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:06 pm

In 1977 the Caprice was voted "Car of the Year" by Motor Trend Magazine.

I think I'm offended if not insulted! LOL 1977-c10

GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:50 pm

Its obvious whoever wrote the article knows nothing about cars.
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  solo79 Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:43 pm

GM B-Body Forum wrote:So i was reading through this article of the worst cars ever produced, and the chevy caprice came up, the description said they took up more room in the driveway than two cars, they were not economic, and a hassle to work on and production didnt last long because of it. here comes the all caps rage! ILL HAVE YOU KNOW THE B BODY WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST SELLING BEST CARS GM HAS EVER PRODUCED AND EXTREMELY RELIABLE WHO EVER BEGS TO DIFFER SHOULD BE SENT TO ANOTHER PLANET! LOL but seriously heres the link, i agree to most of the cars on there, but the caprice does not belong there! http://www.odometer.com/rides/3917/23-lemons-we-cant-believe-were-ever-sold#page=20

Well, I tried to read through the article, but the site is so full of ads that I can sit here and click on the "NEXT" button 40 times before it finally goes to the next picture, so I gave up. I hate sites like that.

Going by what you said the article stated,

They are not the size of two cars. Heck, my Firebird is not much shorter than my Caprice. Neither is a Regal, Cutlass, or any other car of that era. Now, if you're talking today's Smart Cars, then yea, I'd say 3 of those, maybe 4 bumper to bumper with no space in between.lol

Hassle to work on? There's nothing to it. Try working on a 2014 Impala, then get back to me or pretty much any car on the planet made from 2004 on.

Production didn't last long? What? 77-90 is a pretty long time I must say, and the frame and floor pan was carried to '96! Seems production lasted quite awhile. How many years is considered a "long" production time for these idiots? The basic platform with a V8 engine went almost 20 years.

Even though I can't read the article, I give it an F minus and Saturday detention!
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:40 am

It must have been written by a Ford driver!
    Myloth
    Myloth
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Post  Myloth Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:33 pm

That's the third list I have seen like that and they were all wrote by people who have no clue to

automobiles of the past and were very grounded in the present or they were just stupid.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:52 pm

They also listed the Pontiac Bonneville, and the VW Beetle, those were also great sellers. I noticed 90% of the cars listed on there were from the big 3. GM, Ford, Chrysler.
    Myloth
    Myloth
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Myloth Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:28 pm

I seen a list that had the K cars as one of the worst cars ever. now granted they are kaff kaff not the solidest

vehicles but they saved Chrysler from ruin and they were actually very reliable I had one that had 288k on it.

that's why i said these writers are truly vacant they have not even bothered to find out sales histories,awards

etc etc.
    terry cronk
    terry cronk
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary

I think I'm offended if not insulted! LOL Empty Car report

Post  terry cronk Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:50 am

The writer probably drives a RICE burner because that's all he has room for in his parking area. Surprised

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:42 am