GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Q-Jet E4ME

Xtreme Thunder
    Xtreme Thunder
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Q-Jet E4ME Empty Q-Jet E4ME

Post  Xtreme Thunder Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:54 am

I am currently going over my options for some engine rehab (short term) as the stock LG4 is seriously lacking power and showing its age. One option is to stay carbureted, however, I would like to keep all emissions, and as such, the Q-Jet E4ME (CCC). Does anyone know the flow of this carburetor, i.e. would this unit be able to be installed on say a 350/ 383, that produces probably more than double the power when comparing the stock LG4 305?
    Xtreme Thunder
    Xtreme Thunder
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Q-Jet E4ME Empty Re: Q-Jet E4ME

Post  Xtreme Thunder Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:26 pm

I did some further digging on the other vehicles this carb came installed in. It appears, when properly adjusted, they can support higher horse power numbers on engines other than the 305. Many are have reported many successful installations on 350 and 383's when using nothing more than a mild cam.

Too many options.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Post  GM B-Body Forum Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:48 pm

Most quadrajets flow around 750cfm. I like quadrajets, ive never had a problem with them and ive rebuilt many of them even the ccc ones. But id only use them on mild builds ofcourse, no one would be running a quadrajet on a 700hp motor, wouldnt make it, but if you want a more along the lines a gas savings and mpg's keep that quadrajet, doesnt mean they dont perform, but they are much more street friendly. I like the fact that they have very small primaries which is excellent for low rpm torque, and then the huge secondaries, loved hearing when they opened up, was a unique sound.
    Xtreme Thunder
    Xtreme Thunder
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Xtreme Thunder Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:45 am

Thanks much! It is either something along these lines or a Gen IV small block, which I have done extensive research on and have identified all parts required.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:16 pm