GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

Aftermarket front upper and lower control arms

89-9c1
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Aftermarket front upper and lower control arms  Empty Aftermarket front upper and lower control arms

Post  89-9c1 Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:57 pm

Anyone got aftermarket control arm on their 1989 caprice? I can't find anything listed for it and have found some thing said on various forums about f body parts working but can't seem to find anyone who has actually done it. What's everyone using?
    Kit1078
    Kit1078
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary

Aftermarket front upper and lower control arms  Empty Re: Aftermarket front upper and lower control arms

Post  Kit1078 Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:10 pm

I'm using the stock front control arms on my '79 with Global West Del-A-Lum bushings (they're delrin and aluminum with grease fittings) From what I've seen, aftermarket lower front control arms are expensive and you don't gain much, if anything. If you want to go 'hard core' there are some circle track upper control arms that are fully adjustable.

The 77-96 B body uses 2nd Gen camaro front suspension (70-81). I'm using a 2nd gen camaro spindle from Classic Performance Products that is cast with mounts for C5 Corvette brakes. I can get you a link if you want.
    Myloth
    Myloth
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    5th Year Anniversary

Aftermarket front upper and lower control arms  Empty Re: Aftermarket front upper and lower control arms

Post  Myloth Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:37 am

Yea the interchange with 70-81 F Body is nice things like 1.25 front sway bars are sweet for our cars. I have the 1.25 sway

but I put in original upper/lower front along with SouthSide rear arms replacing the stock Upper (Junk) and 9c1 lowers (ok).

these make your rear wicked tight feels like a Camaro around corners instead of a Full Size car(Nevermind that I have stock

ride height which is about 7-8" clearance).

Aftermarket front upper and lower control arms  Souths10

In fact the sway and rearend make me want to swap the Front arms for tubular and the Body Mounts for Poly as I can feel

weakness there. This place has almost everything but they are little pricey .

http://www.streettrends.com/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:13 pm