GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

New Member / Wheel & Tire Fitment ? / 1984 Caprice

Dustin503
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

New Member / Wheel & Tire Fitment ? / 1984 Caprice Empty New Member / Wheel & Tire Fitment ? / 1984 Caprice

Post  Dustin503 Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Hello all, new member here. I recently acquired my grandmothers 1984 Caprice. Its white with the Landau top. Beautiful car with the 305 and only 40395 original miles on it currently. I want to keep it stock but would like to put wheels and tires on it. I'm looking at doing the American Racing Torq-Thrusts with 245/60/15 Cooper Cobra G/T. I'm trying to figure out if these will fit without any rubbing issues. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

CamaroKid
    CamaroKid
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

New Member / Wheel & Tire Fitment ? / 1984 Caprice Empty Re: New Member / Wheel & Tire Fitment ? / 1984 Caprice

Post  CamaroKid Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi,
    Couldn't answer you personally, as you haven't allowed other members to contact you.
    Should correct that in your settings.

Reply to your message:
    I only have rubbing issues in the rear, with the 15x10" on 255's.
    I had to roll the inner lip on the rear fenders, and have to use adjustable air shocks to keep it from rubbing when the suspension travels.
    Would probably not be an issue if I had stock springs.

So my answer is yes, it will work with 15x8.5" wheels all the way around as long as you use the same backspacing as my front wheels and 245's.
    Should be totally fine. No rubbing.

Hope it helps.
    Good luck Smile
    Myloth
    Myloth
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    5th Year Anniversary

New Member / Wheel & Tire Fitment ? / 1984 Caprice Empty Re: New Member / Wheel & Tire Fitment ? / 1984 Caprice

Post  Myloth Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:32 am

Welcome! You can fit 245 on the front but it's a little tight the rear depending shock/spring setup.

I had 235/60/15 on front and 295/50/15 on the rear height of mine was stock though not lowered.

As CamaroKid said if you alter wheel wheels and also use spacers you could get pretty crazy on tire wheel size.

Something like 255 up front and 335 out back .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 am