GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

My on-going, never ending project Olds Draggin' Wagon

OldsMike
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

My on-going, never ending project Olds Draggin' Wagon Empty My on-going, never ending project Olds Draggin' Wagon

Post  OldsMike Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:15 am

Hello Everyone,

A new member here.
    Always fun to find a active B-Body Forum. I like what I see so far!
    My Drag car is a 1987 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser.
    Last time it was at the drag strip was 2015 (sadly), I ran 11.70 @ 112 in the 1/4.
    Getting the itch to get back into it this winter!!!!
    Looking at more weight savings, want to remove another 200 lbs out of it.
    Also looking for ideas at updating the dash for gauges.

Here is one of my favorite pics attached, I adjusted the color a bit. It was a good shot seeing the green light on the tree through the windshield.
    My on-going, never ending project Olds Draggin' Wagon Mod10

I have several vids on YouTube if anyone would like to see it going down the track. I am OldsMike there too.
    Looking forward to using the new GoPro with it for next years racing.

Looking forward to sharing some new pics and seeing what everyone has done with their B-Bodies.
    Regards,
    Mike
    Kit1078
    Kit1078
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary

My on-going, never ending project Olds Draggin' Wagon Empty Re: My on-going, never ending project Olds Draggin' Wagon

Post  Kit1078 Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:31 pm

aww, man, i wish I'da known about this back in the spring, there was a delta 88 at the junkyard here that had a factory aluminum hood on it.
    OldsMike
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary

My on-going, never ending project Olds Draggin' Wagon Empty Re: My on-going, never ending project Olds Draggin' Wagon

Post  OldsMike Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Kit1078 wrote:aww, man, i wish I'da known about this back in the spring, there was a delta 88 at the junkyard here that had a factory aluminum hood on it.  

Hi Kit1078, the aluminum hoods are rare but are also pretty common. You want to grab the hinges too as they have a lighter spring and are also aluminum. I used the car-part website to find mine in a yard in Detroit. Keep a magnet in your toolbox, it is pretty quick to find the aluminum version.
    cutlassmike
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)

Post  cutlassmike Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:24 pm

I have the aluminum hood for the big Delta with the hinges and hood spring. Absolutely the hinges and hood spring are much weaker than those on steel hoods. Even the hood popper spring by the hood latch is weaker than the steel hood cars. Grab that too
    I also have the front aluminum bumper re-bar from the same Delta.

The Aluminum seems to be standard on the diesel powered Deltas. I had 2 hoods and 2 re-bars for a while both from diesel deltas. The hood mascot actually said "diesel".

They have been hanging on my garage wall for 20 years.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:51 am