GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Brake dust EVERYWHERE

BossmanJiggetts
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Brake dust EVERYWHERE Empty Brake dust EVERYWHERE

Post  BossmanJiggetts Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:18 pm

So, I've had my 93 Caprice for about 10 years now and its been my daily driver for at least 6 of those years. I seem to go through brake pads almost as fast as i go through fuel and I'm not sure if theres an upgraded pad i could use to prevent the accumulated brake dust that covers my wheels in a thick layer in a few days time. I understand the B-bodys are heavy but it doesn't matter what pads I use, they go quickly. Ceramic, Duralast Gold, you name it and I've went through them. Quickly. Any suggestions on pads and how to prevent the brake dust build up?
    Kit1078
    Kit1078
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Brake dust EVERYWHERE Empty Re: Brake dust EVERYWHERE

Post  Kit1078 Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:46 pm

I've had good luck with EBC greenstuff pads for wear life and dust, but I haven't used them on my Impala (I have a C5 brake kit and it's hard to find that line of pads for those brakes)

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:36 pm