GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Floor brace/rear trunk floor brace

rt77impala
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)

Floor brace/rear trunk floor brace Empty Floor brace/rear trunk floor brace

Post  rt77impala Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 am

Hello all,

First post in the forum. Currently in the process of restoring a 77 Impala aero coupe. The underside of this car has seen better days. I have a pretty solid floor pan out of a 93 caprice to drop in, but did not cut all the way back to the rear seat floor support/body mounts and the drivers side of the 77’s mount is completely gone. Same situation with the passenger side trunk floor support and its body mount (Body to read frame horn mount).

I have searched around for replacement parts but seems like everything else not much is made for these b-body’s. I have been able to find a part that “looks” almost identical for the g-body through ss396   But I assume it is narrower and would need modification, probably going to give this a try.

I have had no luck finding anything ready made for the rear, has anyone had to replace these parts before; between ready made, fabricating or cutting them out of another car which seems to be the best option?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    tlocke314
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)

Floor brace/rear trunk floor brace Empty Re: Floor brace/rear trunk floor brace

Post  tlocke314 Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:34 pm

Any luck..?

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 am