GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Chevy Caprice Dual Exhaust

GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Chevy Caprice Dual Exhaust Empty Chevy Caprice Dual Exhaust

Post  GM B-Body Forum Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:20 pm

This is my caprice, and what it sounds like with true duals, siamesed with two flowmaster original 40's
    Big C
    Big C
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Chevy Caprice Dual Exhaust Empty Re: Chevy Caprice Dual Exhaust

Post  Big C Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:33 am

Hooker comp's LT's with 40's Flowmasters xe274 cam before head mods..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO6ZQUZYQsA
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Sounds great man! Mine should be sounding similar to that soon, im putting a set of heads on, a cam in, and all the associated stuff. My vid was a bone stock 350
    Big C
    Big C
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Big C Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:58 pm

GM B-Body Forum wrote:Sounds great man! Mine should be sounding similar to that soon, im putting a set of heads on, a cam in, and all the associated stuff. My vid was a bone stock 350

Thanks,what heads and cam do you have in mind?
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:02 am

Ive actually got a topic on here about what im doing if you want to take a look https://www.gmbbodyforum.com/t281-vortec-head-350-project-build
    Big C
    Big C
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Big C Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:01 am

GM B-Body Forum wrote:Ive actually got a topic on here about what im doing if you want to take a look https://www.gmbbodyforum.com/t281-vortec-head-350-project-build

Combo looks good in the egine compartment..I have herd of guys with mild lift cams with high duration getting good results..

Combo is key so spill the beans on the trans,verter stall and rear gear you will use..

I have a th350 with B&M strip kit installed B&M holeshot 3600 3.73 gear with a spool..Small blocks in our heavy cars need that stall and gear to get off the line HARD...With that duration you have you need some stall and gear..Choose wisely get the best out of your combo..

I get questions all the time about my car at the track..Most are impressed on how hard it launches to be so heavy with a SBC..All was in the combo my cam is ALIVE on the stall as the ambers drop to GREEN..My 60 ft times are low 1.70's.Not too bad with 3.73 gears..I'm going to a 4.11 gear soon as I relocate my battery to the trunk..Front fender wells will be removed..More weight off the nose WIN WIN!!!
    Big C
    Big C
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Big C Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:11 am

Blew a head gasket at the track..With that said I pulled the heads had them milled and had a 5 angle performance valve job done vs the 3 angle from Edelebrock..Pulled my stock fuel pump for a holley too..
    I had the speedshop perform a tune to see if they could get a little bit more out of the engine.. I had just brought the car home from the speedshop when I took this vid..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhip6A9TTyk
    Big C
    Big C
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Big C Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:35 am

I have a AED 750 dbl pumper HP mech secodary carb.Jetted square with 80 jets no power valves..Best money spent..
    If you have not purchased a carb AED 750 HP!!!!! With good heads decent cam free flowing exhaust GET IT!!!You will have no regrets...Max effort vacum secodaries wont get you there.On a good tune you want all barrels open soon as you stab that loud pedal..
    That is if you will run a 3.55 gear or more and some decent stall.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Ive got the stock 120,000 mile th350, itll probably need a rebuild after i bolt all this power on, im not sure how long itll last after this, but i recently swapped out rearends, i got a 8.5 10 bolt from a 96 impala ss, with a 3.08, but the posi is gone, so it need to have it redone and ill change the gear ratio, i was thinking a 3.55, im not building a drag car, its an all street car so im looking for torque not high end hp, but i was thinking a 3000 stall since thats where my cam should come alive. I went from the old 7.5 10 bolt with a 2.41 gear to that 3.08 and that was a huge improvement, but as the car sits now with its stock stall, it still wants and needs a taller rear end gear. That cam i installed isnt the happiest with the stock stall. Ive been trying to decide between a vac sec and mech sec carb, since im not all out dragging, i was considering the vac, but everyone is suggesting get a mech sec carb regardless, but we'll see how it all goes, theres going to be alot of testing and tuning in my future to find the right combo. But you got it right, your car sounds amazing, that throttle response is next to amazing
    Big C
    Big C
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Big C Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:14 pm

GM B-Body Forum wrote:Ive got the stock 120,000 mile th350, itll probably need a rebuild after i bolt all this power on, im not sure how long itll last after this, but i recently swapped out rearends, i got a 8.5 10 bolt from a 96 impala ss, with a 3.08, but the posi is gone, so it need to have it redone and ill change the gear ratio, i was thinking a 3.55, im not building a drag car, its an all street car so im looking for torque not high end hp, but i was thinking a 3000 stall since thats where my cam should come alive. I went from the old 7.5 10 bolt with a 2.41 gear to that 3.08 and that was a huge improvement, but as the car sits now with its stock stall, it still wants and needs a taller rear end gear. That cam i installed isnt the happiest with the stock stall. Ive been trying to decide between a vac sec and mech sec carb, since im not all out dragging, i was considering the vac, but everyone is suggesting get a mech sec carb regardless, but we'll see how it all goes, theres going to be alot of testing and tuning in my future to find the right combo. But you got it right, your car sounds amazing, that throttle response is next to amazing

The TH350 is good trans at those miles if maintained properly I wouldnt worry about it..Once the performance parts are mounted I would go with a external trans cooler though.At 3k stall it wont hurt to have some extra cooling.

The first thing I ever did to my car was full roller rockers..I had no idea of doing all the mods I ended up with..I just wanted a nice street rod myself..To be honest my combo is fairly street friendly..I'm kinda on the borderline of street rod/race car..Once I seen that parts list I was thinking you were on a max effort deal with what you have in mind..Dont let that new power get old/slow to you.Thats what happened in my case.Best of luck on your build Ill be waiting for a vid k. Very Happy

I agree on the mech carb no doubt..Thanks for the comment keep us updated with your build..
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:20 pm

Yeah im definitely on a max effort with what ive got, trying to get the most without having machine work done on the block, or changing the bottom end. I put a big cooler on a few years ago, and the tranny definitely liked that. The only thing is the new power will always get slow! lol When i first got the new crate motor dropped in, in replace of the old 350, and took it for a drive, i was quite amazed, but it soon left, and i wanted more, thats the bad part.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:07 am