GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Fuse Diagram

sosa
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Fuse Diagram Empty Fuse Diagram

Post  sosa Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:20 pm

Hey all,

So I noticed that my blower motor on my 79 Caprice isn't working. I tried to replace the fuse (or at least the one i think it was according to this diagram: here)

Not getting any response.

My question, if my car has AC, and I tried use it, would I at least hear that try to kick on regardless if the blower might be out?

I'm trying to troubleshoot to see if it indeed is the blower motor, or an electrical issue. I'm hoping that I'm just seeing the wrong diagram for my fuse box. Really don't want to go through the process of replacing that blower. Laughing

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I need to have this solved by the weekend. So running a little tight on time.

Thank you!

Kit1078
    Kit1078
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Fuse Diagram Empty Re: Fuse Diagram

Post  Kit1078 Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 pm

You can run a wire from the battery to the power terminal on the blower to test just the blower (The power terminal on the blower is the weather sealed connector.) I've had trouble with the blower motor resistor, but the motor always worked on 'hi'. I have a wiring schematic for the 1979 chevrolet. PM me and I can get it to you.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm