GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Weather Stripping- window sweeps- trunk seal- door seals

GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Weather Stripping- window sweeps- trunk seal- door seals Empty Weather Stripping- window sweeps- trunk seal- door seals

Post  GM B-Body Forum Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:17 pm

AM Auto parts http://www.am-autoparts.com/1980/Chevy/Caprice/Weatherstrip.html has door and trunk seals for the 77-79 models, and has window sweeps, trunk, and door seals for the 80-90 4 door and 80-87 2 door models.
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Weather Stripping- window sweeps- trunk seal- door seals Empty Re: Weather Stripping- window sweeps- trunk seal- door seals

Post  solo79 Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:02 pm

I remember I used to open a JC Whitney catalog and find ALL of the weatherstripping for a 79 all day. My how times have changed.

Do you know anyone that has the inside belt trim that goes inside the door frame for the glass? I got a set of those for 40.00 back in the day. I bet that won't happen now.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

Weather Stripping- window sweeps- trunk seal- door seals Empty Re: Weather Stripping- window sweeps- trunk seal- door seals

Post  GM B-Body Forum Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:52 am

Haha me and a guy on facebook were just talking about the channel runs, we cant find any for the 77-79s but i got a link for the 80-87 2 doors, and we were debating whether or not the door frame changed in 1980. It doesnt look like it did, but it might, i know the window sweeps changed in 1980, but the door seals didnt. So one of us are going to have to buy them and try it, i dont really need new channel runs, or any weather strip for that matter, all the plastic and ruber are in perfect shape on my car, but i would still buy extras, heres the link to that http://afproducts.automotivefairchild.com/item/chevrolet-replacement-parts/chevrolet-caprice-replacement-parts/kg1016-3
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  solo79 Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:39 pm

GM B-Body Forum wrote:Haha me and a guy on facebook were just talking about the channel runs, we cant find any for the 77-79s but i got a link for the 80-87 2 doors, and we were debating whether or not the door frame changed in 1980. It doesnt look like it did, but it might, i know the window sweeps changed in 1980, but the door seals didnt. So one of us are going to have to buy them and try it, i dont really need new channel runs, or any weather strip for that matter, all the plastic and ruber are in perfect shape on my car, but i would still buy extras, heres the link to that http://afproducts.automotivefairchild.com/item/chevrolet-replacement-parts/chevrolet-caprice-replacement-parts/kg1016-3
    I might jump on that soon and try it. Any idea on a price? I didn't see one there. Fairchild use to carry 77-79 weatherstripping for the whole car at one time. Maybe I'll call them and see if they have any "backstock" haha. I was originally prepared to buy 4 door channel and "mend" it to work on the 2-door if I had to.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    10th Year Anniversary

Post  GM B-Body Forum Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Yeah i never seen a price either, and i never thought about doing that, sounds like it just might work if we cant get the 2 door runs!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:11 pm