GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

4 posters

Pictures and Site dieing?

mobilemowers
    mobilemowers
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Pictures and Site dieing? Empty Pictures and Site dieing?

Post  mobilemowers Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:42 am

Hello
    Few things I am new to this site and can't seem to post any pictures. The following errors were found
    Could not upload file : exceeded user allowed storage. (Free space : 0).

Also is this site dieing? Most of the posts the recent posts were from 2014 or 2015. Were almost in the middle of 2016 now. Very few post / replies this year at all. Are you losing members? Is their a Facebook club taking over ect? I am in some misc clubs their and we get posts almost hourly. Here is like montly sometimes weekly. Is their of lot of members? Lot of active members?

I get lots of people all the time see my car and try to buy it with no money of coarse. I see them for sale on Craigslist and eBay.

Not a lot to stay here for currently. I got one reply in 2 weeks to one posting about parts interchanges and others I commented one no more comments. Lots of posts are just dead.

Last Posts
    No new posts
    Events
    The way we were ...Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:56 p

Last Posts
    1973 Oshawa asse...
    Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:26 pm

Last Posts
    Help identifying...
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:21 p

Last Posts
    Ebay/ Craigslist finds
    WINDOW SWEEPS FO...
    Sat Nov 28, 2015
    Myloth
    Myloth
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    5th Year Anniversary

Pictures and Site dieing? Empty Re: Pictures and Site dieing?

Post  Myloth Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:09 pm

I don't think it's that dead here I post at least once a week here and so do lots of other members?
    Gooched78Caprice
    Gooched78Caprice
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  Gooched78Caprice Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:02 pm

Coming from someone whe has benefited greatly from this sites knowledge...
    mobilemowers wrote:Hello
    Few things I am new to this site and can't seem to post any pictures. The following errors were found
    Could not upload file : exceeded user allowed storage. (Free space : 0).

How were you trying to add the pics? The pic three left of Youtube link above, looks like a monitor and disc, should make it easier if you haven't tried that. Let someone know if you're still having problems.

mobilemowers wrote:Also is this site dieing? Most of the posts the recent posts were from 2014 or 2015. Were almost in the middle of 2016 now. Very few post / replies this year at all. Are you losing members? Is their a Facebook club taking over ect? I am in some misc clubs their and we get posts almost hourly. Here is like montly sometimes weekly. Is their of lot of members? Lot of active members?

I've never used Facebook but it seems to be a more instant medium that allows as much good, bad, random, and interesting advise. Not too familiar with the workings of Facebook but it tends to remind me of Walmart, "wowza, look at all the stuff there." However, in the long run you might end up with more quantity but probably there's a lot better quality else where. If you want to get solid information from people that are, or have been doing work on these cars for years, this place is awesom and has been a huge benefit for all my projects.

mobilemowers wrote:I get lots of people all the time see my car and try to buy it with no money of coarse. I see them for sale on Craigslist and eBay.

Cool, me too. How much do you want for yours? Could you post some pics?

mobilemowers wrote:Not a lot to stay here for currently. I got one reply in 2 weeks to one posting about parts interchanges and others I commented one no more comments. Lots of posts are just dead.

Most of the people on here are great at answering questions or giving advice, please make sure for all of us that questions are direct. I know I have asked a couple questions that after rereading were written more like a statement and when I rephrazed it I was able to get great replies. If you see a post you would like to bring back to attention I've seen other places *bump or *ttt a thread to bring attention back to a thread, I'll admit that once it's off the main page, good chance I won't see it. I hope to have been able to answer some of your concerns. Look forward to seeing you around.
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Post  solo79 Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:30 pm

I'm here.  I don't get to post a lot due to work right now, but I do check in from time to time and if there's a question I can answer or if I see something I want to comment on, I will.  It's not dying, but yes Facebook has sort of taken over the traditional forum setting.  You won't find me on Facebook though.  I have zero use for it, just like I have zero use for a smartphone.  I prefer simple.  On this forum, there have been over 100 posts since January of this year, so the post stats you've posted only cover a small fraction of this forum.  There are some sections of the Forum that haven't seen much activity lately, but lots of others have.  It's car show season again, so it will start to pick up even more.  Hang in there. There's lots of useful information on this site and more to come!
    mobilemowers
    mobilemowers
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  mobilemowers Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:48 pm

What time zone is this site on? Says I did this at 4:48am when its 9:48pm.

Ok the links at the bottom to load pics don't work but the icons up top work. Odd as the browse button is more visible. Someone needs to fix that issue. The icon stuff is little more steps.

I find Facebook more real time / interactive. Forums are more searchable though. I have a lot of tech files on one club but they kinda of hide them.

Pictures and Site dieing? 20150911

The following errors were found

Could not upload file : exceeded user allowed storage. (Free space : 0)

I go to attach file

You can attach one or more files with the following form :
       ( 3g2, 3gp, bmp, doc, docm, docx, gif, jpg, m4a, m4v, mov, mp3, mp4, mpg, pdf, png, pps, ppt, pptm, pptx, swf, tif, txt, wma, wmv, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, zip )

File name then browse
    solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Post  solo79 Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:43 pm

I never use the attach file method and I think it's turned off actually to save forum space, but the Admin could elaborate more on that. It gives me the same error.  This forum is powered by another forum service.  We've toyed with going to a stand-a-alone forum like phpbb or something similar, but every avenue we looked at last year wouldn't let us keep the info/posts/members we have now, which means we'd be starting over so it's on the back burner for now.  The "host an image" icon works great I think, since it doesn't rely on internet based hosting, you just pull the image right off your computer and it does all the work for you.  You don't need an outside photo hosting service like photobucket for instance.

The time zone is dependent on what you set it to be.  You can change the time zone setting in your profile to display your time.  Mine is Central for instance.  So, I see the correct time for me.

As for Facebook, it does have more traffic, much more, but for me it's just too much.  You just can't keep up with everything.  I got rid of mine when the timeline thing started and I was one of the first 10,000 members when it was specifically for college students only and not public like it is now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 pm