GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Power Seat Drive Linkage / Manual Seat Operation

HeavyChevy77
    HeavyChevy77
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Power Seat Drive Linkage / Manual Seat Operation Empty Power Seat Drive Linkage / Manual Seat Operation

Post  HeavyChevy77 Fri May 06, 2016 11:45 pm

My caprice came with bench seats and I want to make it a 50/50 split drivers power and passenger manual, I came across some 50/50 split seats that were great cond with matching rear seats/interior.
    I'm aware i have to modify the floor pan by adding inner floorboard studs for the frame rails.
    My question is how would you shorten the drive cables that move the gears to adjust position on frame, is it possible that a set of cables from a power 50/50 split b body work? Also the seats are manual seat passenger seat has the handle the driver side didn't but had the provision. Both seats are in fixed positions.
    Thanks for any ideas or tips
    Gooched78Caprice
    Gooched78Caprice
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Power Seat Drive Linkage / Manual Seat Operation Empty Re: Power Seat Drive Linkage / Manual Seat Operation

Post  Gooched78Caprice Sun May 08, 2016 11:16 am

I am not too sure of your answer. However, I do have my interior pulled out currently to add new carpet and some extras, so if you need any pics of how it was originally ran for power seats I can send you any pics if needed. Best of luck with getting this all figured out.
    HeavyChevy77
    HeavyChevy77
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Power Seat Drive Linkage / Manual Seat Operation Empty Re: Power Seat Drive Linkage / Manual Seat Operation

Post  HeavyChevy77 Sun May 08, 2016 11:21 am

Yea send me a pic
    My issue is I wanna shorten the cables cause it was for the bench now I want it for 1 seat, I think they're made of steelhead and covered with a plastic colored sleeve(blue pink orange I think)
    Maybe someone had an idea how or had a extra set of cables for 50/50splits that had individual power bucket seats

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:10 am