GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

2 posters

Been a while Buick update

hotwheelsboy28
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Been a while Buick update Empty Been a while Buick update

Post  hotwheelsboy28 Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:00 am

But, I have been busy off and on,on my old Buick. Had a new windshield installed. Cleaned, painted my frame as far as i could reach,installed all new upper and lower front control arms (Moog) and steering linkage from Rockauto new end links and bushings for the sway bar also had new front coils installed along with my Lokar TH400 kickdown kit, got my blower motor to work on high again and my vents working right, mounted and wired my gauges finally,bought new Dynomax Super Turbos for it can't wait till my X pipe and full exhaust are installed, trunk light cruise control and the ac working again, some how with all the work me and my friends have done on it we unknowingly fixed the massive short it had, yeah! Little by little it's comming together! Very Happy
    I also installed a 120 amp alternator on the old Caprice everything is working much better now!
    Myloth
    Myloth
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Been a while Buick update Empty Re: Been a while Buick update

Post  Myloth Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:05 am

Sounds like you have been busy indeed! Any pics to post?
    hotwheelsboy28
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Post  hotwheelsboy28 Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:48 am

Naw, no pics yet, my back is messin with me again, I've already had one surgery on it almost four years ago. I'm going to see my back Dr. Monday. I'll try to get some soon. With the new front coils I think it's a bit too high,may cut a coil off, the last time I cut two off and it was almost draggin the ground! I forgot to mention I fixed the bench seat so I can adjust it again the old "rod" broke so I went to the hardware store and bought a piece of small cable a couple heavy duty springs and a thing to adjust the tension, it works fine now. Seen that trick on youtube!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:11 am