GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

4 posters

First Post/Introduce my ride

BlacksheepX4
    BlacksheepX4
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

First Post/Introduce my ride Empty First Post/Introduce my ride

Post  BlacksheepX4 Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:01 am

Hello everyone.  I'm Kory.  This is my first post on the forum.  I figured the best place to start is with my B Body History.  I LOVE these cars!  

My first was a 1980 2 door Caprice that we built for dirt circle track racing.  I raced it from 2003-2006 in the pure stock class, and in 2007 in the street stock class.  There was a slight weight disadvantage of course but the B body out handled the Metric-G cars by a long shot.  I miss that car.

Since then I have had an 83 4-door, an 85 2-door, and a 77 4-door.  All in stock form as daily drivers.

Currently, I have my girl Lilith..  She is a 1987 Caprice Wagon performance project. Her main intent is to be a hot street machine but also hit the track.  Most of the time with street and track cars (especially when talking full size platforms) the track part is some sort of drag racing.  Not they case with Lilith.  I intend to do some AutoX, Hill Climb racing and possibly light SCCA type action.  The pictures below are my progress thus far.  All cosmetic at this point, but she wanted to feel pretty first. Keep in mind she is a work in progress, so be kind to her..  Wink  Dark glass, a bolt on cowl, 15x8 rallys with 235/60s up front (for now) and 15x10 rallys with 295/50s in rear.  Kind of a COPO look for the wheels I guess...   Under the hood is a rather lazy olds 307 with the od auto.  That will be coming out this winter in favor of a 385 sbc.  This engine was partially constructed for my racing career before I sold my last dirt car.  Specs are as follows:  LW Forged 4340 Probe crank 44lbs, light weight kryptonite I beams, forged probe pistons.  AFR 210s/full cnc with a custom grind Herbert billet roller 4-7 swap cam.  Lift in the low 600s.  Hand ported and plenum corrected McFarland intake.   This will be bolted to a TKO600 5 speed with a 9" rear out back.  I'll probably start with the 750 double pumper that I have until I decide what I want for carb/efi for sure.  Then its off to paint...  Much to do, so much money to spend...  All in time I guess.  Of course there will also be MAJOR suspension changes as well.  I dont have a loose plan, but no fancy details yet.  I'm happy to be a part of a page full of folks that 'get it' when it comes to B Body love.  I look forward to getting to know you all.   Below is the day she came home and then her current condition.  Peace!First Post/Introduce my ride 13092010
    First Post/Introduce my ride 13502110
    Gooched78Caprice
    Gooched78Caprice
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary

First Post/Introduce my ride Empty Re: First Post/Introduce my ride

Post  Gooched78Caprice Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:30 am

I love it! Your Lilith seems well cared for. The hearse script on the rear wagon windows is a great custom touch to go with all the others you've done. Look forward to seeing your continued progress!
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:43 am

Welcome! Nice ride!

We have basically he same steering and front suspension as the 2nd Gen F body's so yeah, they can be made to handle extremely well. I'd love to see someone install a Jag independent rear suspension in a B body.

.600 lift!?!? That's HUGE, lol!

I too am looking forward to your progress.
    BlacksheepX4
    BlacksheepX4
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  BlacksheepX4 Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:36 pm

Thanks for the kind words folks! We are getting there one piece at a time, lol. I'm very happy with how she looks so far.
    Sweet Seventy9
    Sweet Seventy9
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

Post  Sweet Seventy9 Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:05 pm

All day long since I read about your cam I've had this bah-tit-ta-bah tit-ta bah (healthy cam sound) in my head! LOL!

BlacksheepX4
    BlacksheepX4
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  BlacksheepX4 Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:53 pm

That is the sound that makes my blood flow, brother... Lol. I can't remember the specs off the top of my head, but its something on the order of 624/640, 243/253 @ .050 107LC with 4x7 swap. Billet solid roller. Pretty healthy bump stick. I figure it will make a pretty nice moderate hp SBC. The powerband is low enough (2500-7200) that is should be a fairly easy drive as well. I have plans for a big hp SB2.2 engine as well but that will be for another project. One thing at a time for now, lol.
    bgkid2966
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary

Post  bgkid2966 Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Nice ride!! Keep us posted on the progress. She looks good!

Geno

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:22 pm