GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

A quick tip on Ebay part searching...

solo79
    solo79
    *Senior Moderator*
    *Senior Moderator*
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

A quick tip on Ebay part searching... Empty A quick tip on Ebay part searching...

Post  solo79 Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:32 pm

How many results do you get when you type in "1979 Caprice?" THOUSANDS.
    How about "79 Caprice?" THOUSANDS.

For the last 4 years, this "fits" thing has come along and has made searching a headache. Who has time to go through 700 pages? Sometimes, you type in a part name and nothing comes up because the seller lists it "differently," so you could spend hours looking for something. Here is what I do and I'm sure others have figured this out, but I wanted to pass it along:
    Type in the search box: 1979 Caprice -fits: (exactly like that with spaces and the colon).
    or Type: 79 Caprice -fits: (leaving off the 19)
    Don't forget to use Impala as well!

This works with any year vehicle. For instance, I have an '82 Trans Am and an '89 Firebird. Type in those and there are hundreds of THOUSANDS of results. However, (1982 Trans Am -fits:) and (82 Trans Am -fits:) etc... brings it down considerably.

This weeds out all of the "garbage" so-to-speak and gets down to "real parts." Too often I see parts listed as "fits 79 caprice" and it isn't even close to anything that resembles a part for a 79 caprice. Same thing for Firebird/Trans Am. The "fits" thing is out of control.

Try it out and happy searching.
    GM B-Body Forum
    GM B-Body Forum
    Admin
    Admin
    Helpful and Responsive Member!
    Very active with responding and helping other members with questions and concerns.
    10th Year Anniversary

A quick tip on Ebay part searching... Empty Re: A quick tip on Ebay part searching...

Post  GM B-Body Forum Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:42 am

I actually didnt know that, thanks man. I usually go through the first 20 pages then quit after that lol, there is so much universal crap out there, but i just want the real parts!!
    hotwheelsboy28
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    10th Year Anniversary

A quick tip on Ebay part searching... Empty Re: A quick tip on Ebay part searching...

Post  hotwheelsboy28 Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:02 am

I feel the same way, the light bulb sales they put on there is out of hand and others.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 pm