GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

Chrome on Impala ('71)

Jicky25
    Jicky25
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Chrome on Impala ('71) Empty Chrome on Impala ('71)

Post  Jicky25 Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:00 am

Hi,
    Wanted to ask you folks, what is the best way to restore chrome plating on exterior trim?
    I mean those tiny mouldings, grille shell and stuff. My old good Impala is under construction, so wanted to ask how do you guys restore chrome?
    Thanks!
    Jicky25
    Jicky25
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    Newbie (Tier 1)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

Chrome on Impala ('71) Empty Re: Chrome on Impala ('71)

Post  Jicky25 Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:07 am

Okay, I found out that the only way to restore chrome is galvanic procedure, which is very costly. Now, the other option is to wrap it with that tape, you know, that resembles chrome. Yet that is cool to do before the car show, you know, as it will peel off quickly.
    Now, I was wondering, if there is a way to order chrome trim from the GM, perhaps? I know, that's not going to be cheap, yet that's definitely the modt quality stuff, not something made in china or elsewhere...
    Chrome on Impala ('71) 875410
    I was very inspired with this guy's job, awesome detailing (see the full-size pics. I'd choose slightly different wheels, yet the rest is cool.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 pm