GM B-Body Forum, 77-79 Caprice/Impala Forum

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join Now If Your A 1977- 1979 Caprice or Impala owner or other GM B-Body owner!!!
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BBodyForum?ref=hl

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the owners and enthusiasts of General Motors B-Bodies from 1977-1990, but dedicated to the owners of 1977-1979 Impalas and Caprices. Join up now!

3 posters

1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon

scy135
    scy135
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    Active Member (Tier 2)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon Empty 1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon

Post  scy135 Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:12 am

hey guys I got some news, my car is for sale. 1978 caprice wagon two tone burgundy red color. red interior. now the reason im selling my car is because my engine blew, it rained hard for a few days which is extremely rare here in the Coachella valley and when I pulled the motor out my trans dipstick popped up and I didn't realize it. so the rain water got into the trans, also water got into the frame so I'm not sure how good it will be. so its basically just a parts car now. shocks are pretty new haven't drove it much since I put them on. the tie rods and stuff are new, clean title, engine passed California smog but idk why I mentioned that when the engine is toast. fenders are in decent shape same with bumpers and that valence between the bumpers are in tact still. im really bummed about whats been happening to my car especially since it happened around Christmas. unfortunately I have to let go of it. its either sell it or scrap it. Id rather sell it then have it crushed. anyways im trying to sell my car for 500 or best offer, or just throw me an offer if you want. reach me at icobian187@gmail.com or just shoot me a text at 7604420034 for pics questions and stuff thanks.

1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon 20160311

this is an older pic, not in its current condition. I haven't uploaded the current pics yet but this is what it looked like before stuff happened.
    HeavyChevy77
    HeavyChevy77
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    10th Year Anniversary
    10 years of being a member on our forum!

1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon Empty Re: 1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon

Post  HeavyChevy77 Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:15 am

Can anybody confirm if the wagon rear door fit a sedan with no problems I've heard that the wagon doors are just a tad longer
    Kit1078
    Kit1078
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    Freshman Member (Tier 3)
    5th Year Anniversary
    Celebrating 5 years of being our member!

1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon Empty Re: 1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon

Post  Kit1078 Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:28 pm

I don't think the doors are longer, but I think they're a little 'thicker' since the wagon has a bit of a wider back end. I know the doors for a sedan are not listed as directly compatible on the interchange manual.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 pm